PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJNA SURVEY
The three basic human needs are Food, Clothing And Shelter. Shelter is a prime necessity for Human survival and we call it a house. It is a security and an individual’s own world, where he/she spends quality time with their family, prosper and prepare himself/herself each day for the world outside and life’s struggles.
With growing population and urbanization our government cannot ignore the weaker section of our society. We all need a house to ensure basic standards of living and to build a better civilization. Our government has taken a very significant step towards it by launching Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna, ‘Housing for all scheme’, especially planned for the people who can’t afford a house under their financial circumstances. The PMAY Yojna is a Housing solution for all the citizens of India.
What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna?
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna(PMAY) is a mission started with an aim ‘Housing For All’(HFA) scheme by NDA Government to be achieved by the year 2022, that is when India will be completing its 75 years of Independence. The mission started in 2015 and will be attained in seven years i.e., during 2015 – 2022.
This Housing for All (HFA) scheme is envisioned by our Honorable Prime Mister Mr. Narendra Modi. “By the time the Nation completes 75 years of its Independence, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna will bring a ‘Pucca house’ for every family in urban cities with water connection, toilet facilities, 24×7 electricity supply and complete access.” As addressed by our Prime Minister in the joint session of parliament on 9th June, 2014.
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (PMAY) – Housing for All
A comprehensive mission of PMAY Housing Scheme aims to create:
- Affordable homes with water connection, toilet facilities, 24×7 electricity supply and complete access.
- 2 crore houses to be built across nation’s length and breadth
- Targeting the Lower Income Groups (LIG) and Economically Weaker Section of our society (EWS), basically the urban poor by the year 2022.
- 2 million non-slum urban poor households are proposed to be covered under the Mission
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna(PMAY) Targeted group or beneficiary
- Indian women of all religions and castes. Everyone will be equally eligible no biased treatment on basis of caste or religion.
- People who come from low income and economically weaker sections of the society.
- ST (Scheduled Tribes).
- SC (Scheduled Castes).
How Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna(PMAY) will work:
PMAY Housing Scheme will work by providing central assistance to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) as well as other employed agencies through States/UTs for:
- Building onsite Rehabilitation of the existing slum-inhabitants by commencing private participation for using poor land area as a resource.
- By providing Credit Linked Subsidy
- Initiating Affordable Housing in Partnership
- Granting Subsidy to the beneficiary for individual house construction/enhancement.
Subsidy- 1 Lakh – 2.30 Lakh
The scheme will provide a credit linked subsidy of Rs 1.00 Lakh to 2.30 Lakh to the home buyers.
- The subsidy will be generated by central government treasury.
- Credit linked subsidy granted to LIG and EWS segments of urban population.
- Current market rate of interest on housing loans is 10.5%. But under this scheme 6.5% rate of interest subsidy will be offered to the beneficiaries that is 4% below the жизни market rate and will last for a period of 15 years from the date.
- Subsidiary is being implemented as a Central Sector Scheme whereas other components as Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS).
Technology Sub-Mission of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna(PMAY)
All the construction under Pradhan mantri Awas yojana realty (PMAY) will adopt latest technologies for building new units or apartments. Government will setup a technical cell from the Building Materials and Technology Promotion Council (BMTPC) under the Ministry to support this Technology Sub-mission.
- Well researched layout designs and prepared building plans appropriate for various geo-climatic zones.
- Taking up modern, innovative eco-friendly technologies.
- Green buildings concepts using natural resources.
- Earthquake and other disaster resistant technologies . Simple concept of designs should be adopted to ensure adequate sunlight and air ventilation.
Three Phases of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna(PMAY)
PMAY Phase 1: From April 2015 to March 2017, this phase will begin the development of total 100 cities that must be completed during this phase.
PMAY Phase 2: From April 2017 to March 2019, after Phase 1, the development of total number of 200 more cities will be covered.
PMAY Phase 3: From April 2019 to March 2022, All the remaining cities of India will complete its PMAY housing development process.
The Primary Features Of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Preference will be given to females applicants for house allotments.
- Ground floor of the houses will give preference to physically differently abled or to senior citizens.
- Construction developers should strictly follow eco-friendly development technologies.
- Affordability – Grant subsidy range anywhere between INR 1 lakh and INR 2.30 lakh to LIG and EWS section of urban population.
- 4% less rate of interest from the market value on loans – 6.5% interest rate to the beneficiaries for their availed loan